Author: Paul Kurnit and Steve Lance
Theme: Marketing Plan, Collaboration, Consensus Building, SWOT
About: Paul and Steve go over the details of organizing all of the movers and shakers within an organization in order to get them to come up with their brand identity and how to effectively position it within a competitive market.
My Take: The first half of the book goes over the details of how to organize a group of people to create a marketing plan. I got a lot more out of the second half of the book (starting at pg. 97) that went over the details of creating a marketing plan.
3+ Take Aways:
1. Prioritize your strengths
2. List your key products and/or services in your line that fulfill your brand promise.
3. “Does the product line offer a strong complement of attractive price points to power customer usage and loyalty?”
4. “What unique and meaningful benefit does my brand extend to my customers?” (pg. 116)
5. “Without a crystal-clear and distinguishing position, you have no shot of building a workable Plan, let alone a successful business.”